Yeah, it’s been awhile but I’m back. This is the time of the year when I have more time to dedicate to music. So with that in mind, I’m kicking off 2011 with what I have planned coming up. Here’s just a few things:
- There’s a bunch of gear I acquired in the last year that I will sit down and review. I love me some knobs, keys, sliders, and buttons so I will go over the new ones I have in my setup.
- With great hardware comes the need for software to put it all together. I made a couple of purchases in that realm which I will wax poetic about as well.
- Once again, I will be attending SXSW so look for previews leading up to and some live updates during the 25th anniversary of this tasty Austin conference.
- My day job includes some hefty programming tasks so I will use that talent to start building/researching VSTs. What’s a VST? It’s a plgin for digital audio workstations that runs on its own framework. Yes, there are a couple of other frameworks out there, but in the interest of learning how to code for pro audio, I will be shooting the biggest target first.
- With all of this gear, software, and love for the music, you know I will be actually creating some. Look for some snippets to show up here and there.
- I’ll be hitting up more concerts around the Kansas City area and will review as necessary. Look for me at The Decemberists show in February.
There’s a couple of other surprises up my sleeve but I will reveal it when it’s necessary. Until then, just keep tuning in.