I’ve been here actually. Doing lots of things as well. As you may see from above, I’ve been ultra busy. Never fear, however, I’ll clue you in either here or on they ole personal blog. You may be wondering, “What are those things?” Welp, it’s a card with a band on it. Duh. Oh you mean the other things. Let’s just say I now know what kind of buzz you can get from solder fumes. So look for that and maybe another song or tow here in the next week or so.
You may have been wondering where I’ve been in the last month. Typically I would be dumping SXSW bands I’m into seeing this year or at the very least reviewing a concert or two down here in Austin. Welp, I decided to put my music where my mouth is and participate in the RPM Challenge. I beat it and with days to spare. So come with me and let me spin a tale of hard work and somewhat epic music making. Continue reading Hokey Has Arrived
Yeah, it’s been awhile but I’m back. This is the time of the year when I have more time to dedicate to music. So with that in mind, I’m kicking off 2011 with what I have planned coming up. Here’s just a few things:
- There’s a bunch of gear I acquired in the last year that I will sit down and review. I love me some knobs, keys, sliders, and buttons so I will go over the new ones I have in my setup.
- With great hardware comes the need for software to put it all together. I made a couple of purchases in that realm which I will wax poetic about as well.
- Once again, I will be attending SXSW so look for previews leading up to and some live updates during the 25th anniversary of this tasty Austin conference.
- My day job includes some hefty programming tasks so I will use that talent to start building/researching VSTs. What’s a VST? It’s a plgin for digital audio workstations that runs on its own framework. Yes, there are a couple of other frameworks out there, but in the interest of learning how to code for pro audio, I will be shooting the biggest target first.
- With all of this gear, software, and love for the music, you know I will be actually creating some. Look for some snippets to show up here and there.
- I’ll be hitting up more concerts around the Kansas City area and will review as necessary. Look for me at The Decemberists show in February.
There’s a couple of other surprises up my sleeve but I will reveal it when it’s necessary. Until then, just keep tuning in.